Upgrade From Window A/C To A Ductless Mini-Split System
Warm weather will soon be on its way to Suffolk County – which for some of us means lugging big, heavy window air conditioners out of the basement or attic.
But just because there’s no ductwork in place in your home doesn’t mean you have to settle for loud, light-blocking window air conditioners. Instead, you could install a Fujitsu ductless mini-split system.
Ductless systems are quieter, more efficient, and less obtrusive than window A/Cs. In fact, they even have some advantages compared to central air conditioners.
Benefits that a mini-split system brings to the table:
- Higher efficiency – Ductless systems are extremely efficient, with many models having SEER ratings of 18 or more – well more than the 14 or 15 rating of most window models. The bottom line: with a properly sized, properly installed ductless A/C system, you can save anywhere from 25 to 50 percent on your cooling bills.
- Improved IAQ – In a central air conditioning system, your ductwork creates the perfect conditions for harboring allergens and microorganisms like mold. Since a mini-split doesn’t need ductwork, it avoids those problems altogether, improving your indoor air quality.
- Flexible placement options – Mini-split systems can be installed in basements, attics, and even rooms with no windows to create flexible cooling zones in your home. They’re a perfect, affordable solution for rooms that are hard to cool, like a corner bedroom or sunroom.
- Fast installation – Installing a ductless system usually less than a day – and once it’s in, it’s in, unlike a window A/C that has to be removed and re-installed every year. With a mini-split, all you need is a wall and one or two 2- to 3-inch holes to connect the air handlers to the outdoor condenser.
- Eco-friendly performance – Not only is a mini-split much more efficient than a window A/C, it also typically uses a more ozone-friendly refrigerant (R410A) than a typical window unit. That means fewer toxins and fewer carbon emissions for every hour you run your equipment.
You can even use mini-split air conditioners for supplemental cooling in a home that has central air – contact us to learn more.
Interested in a versatile ductless A/C system installation in Suffolk County? Now’s a great time to get in the game: For a limited time, buy one Fujitsu indoor ductless mini-split head and get $200 off the second head! Contact us today for details and a FREE estimate.
Please note: once COVID-19 restrictions are eased, we expect a surge in installations that could back us up for weeks. If you are ready to upgrade to a mini-split system, lock in an appointment time with a deposit so you’ll be early on the list!