Do You Need A New Water Heater?
5 water heater issues to watch for
Your water heater is one of those appliances that you don’t appreciate until it quits on you, leaving you with cold showers, dirty dishes, and a puddle of rusty water on your basement floor.
The good news is that your water heater will usually let you know it’s in trouble before the worst happens. Here are some telltale signs that your water heater is on the outs:
- Higher bills – If your bills are getting higher even though heating oil prices haven’t budged, your water heater is probably losing efficiency.
- Leaks / rusty water – Water under your tank or rusty water coming from it are often signs that your water heater is corroding on the inside.
- Hard water stains – If you begin to see new signs of hard water, such as white stains on your silverware and glassware, it could be indicating a buildup of lime in your tank – a problem that will reduce efficiency and shorten the lifespan of your water heater.
- Strange sounds – Odd sounds coming from your storage tank usually indicate sediment build-up – a problem that eventually lead to costly water heater repairs or a premature replacement if it is not addressed.
- Age – A storage water heater (one with a tank) will last about 10 years on average, assuming it is properly maintained by a professional; once you pass the decade mark, investing in a replacement water heater usually makes more sense than repairing.
Water heater installations in Suffolk County
If you’re experiencing these or any other problems, it could be time to replace your water heater. Our water heater experts will help you choose an oil-fired model that’s the right fit for your space, use, and budget, then install it quickly and correctly so you can get back to your hot showers and dry basement.
In the market for a new water heater? We’ve got the energy-efficient, low-cost water heater options you need. Contact Swezey today for a FREE, no-obligation estimate on water heater installations in Suffolk County, LI!