Furnace Installations: What Factors Determine Their Cost?
A new oil-fired furnace can be a great investment for your home –especially if it’s replacing an older unit that may have lost 20 to 30 percent or more of its efficiency over the years.
But when it comes time to replacing your old oil furnace, you’re going to need to do some research – as you will see, estimates on furnace installations will vary widely.
How To Choose The Right Furnace
To make an educated choice about your next furnace, it’s good to have an idea of what factors will affect the cost of installing an oil furnace in Suffolk county. Here are six of the biggest ones:
- Brand – Two furnaces with similar specifications can vary in price depending on the brand you choose. Different brands offer different levels of quality – choose one that delivers reliable value at a price you can afford.
- Size – The size of your furnace can also influence the cost of installation, with larger furnaces typically being more expensive. Just keep in mind that the best option for your home isn’t always the largest or most expensive model; right-sizing – that is, matching the furnace to your home’s heating load – is the key to maximizing efficiency and getting the most heating bang for your buck.
- Features – Some furnaces include special features such as variable speed blowers (which can reduce overall wear and tear on the system), HEPA filters, and dehumidifiers – all of which can add to the cost of your installation. Make sure you know what’s included in your estimate!
- AFUE Rating – The efficiency of a furnace will also affect its cost; similarly-featured models with a higher AFUE (annual fuel-utilization efficiency) rating will be more expensive than models with a lower AFUE rating.
- Labor – The cost of labor will vary depending on the complexity of the job. For example, if modifications must be made to accommodate your ductwork, this will add 9to the cost of your installation. This is why it’s so important to get a written estimate on a furnace installation for your home – not a generic installation cost for a “typical” heating system.
- Disposal costs – In many cases, the cost to remove your old furnace (labor and disposal fees) are not included in the cost of installation; again, get it in writing.
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that influence the cost of a heating oil furnace – be sure you understand everything that’s included, and not included, in your estimate so you can make an apples-to-apples comparison.
The X Factor: Your Heating Contractor
Perhaps the most important consideration when it comes to choosing an oil furnace installer is the heating contractor you choose. You’ll want seasoned pro who offers certified technicians, 24/7/365 support, and a warranty for their work.
Swezey offers all of this and more.
Our experts can help you find an oil-fired furnace that will keep you more comfortable while dropping your monthly heating oil bills by 25 percent or more – which could be enough to offset the cost of your new system in just a few years.
Ready to install a new heating oil furnace? Swezey can help. Contact us today to get a FREE, no obligation estimate a high efficiency oil furnace installation in Suffolk County, NY!