Written on: January 4, 2021
Getting Ready For Your Heating Oil Delivery
Our heating oil delivery crews work hard to keep fuel coming throughout the Long Island winter. But some days, that work is harder than others; on those days, we can use your help.
Please help us keep our heating oil delivery teams safe and working as efficiently as possible by pitching in on delivery day – particularly during or in the aftermath of severe winter weather.
Here are five things you can do to make life easier for our crews so they can get much-needed fuel to as many of our neighbors as possible.
Fuel Delivery Day Checklist
- Clear a path to your fill pipe – Snow, ice, and debris can block the path to your oil tank, making it difficult for our crews to safely deliver your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your fill pipe clear so our team can reach it easy and safely.
- Shovel and salt your driveway – If our crew needs to pull in your driveway to fill your fuel tank, please clear it so they can navigate it safely, keeping in mind that our trucks are wider than your car.
- Unlock gates – If access to your tank requires our crew to enter through a gate, please make sure it is unlocked on delivery day – or make sure someone is home to let our crew in.
- Keep your pets under control – We want to deliver your heating oil, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secured on delivery day.
- Stay accessible – Make sure an adult is reachable on delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person, in case the unexpected arises.
Thanks for helping the experts at Swezey Oil keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil delivery in Suffolk County, NY. Our drivers appreciate your consideration!