Seasonal Boiler Tune-ups: Why They Are So Important
Don’t look now, but we’re nearly halfway through fall 2020 – winter will be here before you know it, and you’ll be running your boiler and baseboard heating system nearly 24/7 to stay comfortable in your Suffolk County home.
But before you run your equipment through the trials of another intense Long Island heating season, make sure you have it serviced by a professional.
What Happens During A Boiler Tune-up?
Annual boiler maintenance includes tests and tasks performed by an expert heating technician as he cleans and inspects your equipment. Although the task list differs from company to company and often varies with cost, most will include such steps as:
- Checking your equipment for basic function (thermostat, boiler, etc.)
- Checking all electrical connections
- Testing safety and limit switches
- Cleaning and testing burners
Routine Boiler Maintenance Benefits
Is it really necessary to have your boiler professionally maintained every year? Yes it is! Here are five of important reasons why:
- You’ll maintain equipment efficiency – Without maintenance, your boiler will lose about five percent efficiency per year on average – which makes a tune-up an investment that will often pay for itself in the form of lower energy bills.
- Your equipment will run more reliably – The best way to make sure your equipment will withstand the rigors of a Long Island winter is to have it professionally serviced every year.
- You’ll spot problems early – Four out of five heating system repairs are preventable with routine maintenance. With an annual tune-up, you’ll catch problems early, avoiding more costly boiler repairs.
- You’ll keep your warranty in force – Many boiler warranties require annual maintenance from a qualified pro. If you don’t have your system serviced, you might have to pay for a heating repair even if the equipment is still covered!
- You’ll stay ahead of safety issues – A heating expert can spot the early warning signs of a carbon monoxide problem before it becomes a risk to your family.
The best way to take care of your boiler tune-up? Sign up for an annual heating service plan from Swezey Fuel. Our Gold and Platinum Oil Plans include an annual tune-up, covered or discounted repairs, priority service, and more. We also offer a Boiler Replacement Plan, which covers everything in the Platinum Oil Plan PLUS replacement of your existing boiler (with same Btu output) if it fails and cannot be repaired.
Winter 2020/21 is a little more than a month away – is your boiler ready? Contact Swezey Fuel today to schedule your boiler maintenance in Suffolk County, NY and make sure that it is!