Higher efficiency and bigger savings
The oil heat industry continues to make technological breakthroughs that promise a new era of higher efficiency and bigger savings for everyone fortunate enough to heat their home with the new heating oil.
- New oil heat systems now boast efficiency ratings as high as 95%, providing more warmth with less fuel than ever before.
- Recent studies show potential fuel savings as high as 48% when replacing an outdated boiler with a new, high-efficiency oil boiler.*
- Many new oil boilers incorporate energy-saving controls that can reduce fuel usage by as much as 10% and provide a more even heat.
- High-efficiency oil furnaces now feature variable-speed motors that use as much as 80% less electricity.
*Source: New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
What about the tank?
A heating oil storage tank offers an important advantage: the ability to safely store an adequate supply of heating oil that’s ready for immediate use whenever a need to heat the home arises.
Today’s aboveground tanks are worry free and virtually leak proof. Most oil tanks are now built of corrosion-resistant materials. In many cases, new aboveground tanks are double-walled and come with alarm systems if there is any discharge.
Plus, the newest generation of aboveground tanks generally can be installed in small or unusually shaped spaces.
In short, today’s tanks provide peace of mind and convenience—in addition to all the other benefits of heating your home with oil!
The greater the efficiency, the MORE you SAVE! This chart shows average savings from upgrading to a new system with 85% efficiency.
Source: American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. Average savings vary, depending on square footage of home, number in household, insulation quality and other factors.
Three ways to use less oil
- Distribute heat evenly in rooms by running a ceiling fan in reverse. By recirculating the warm air trapped near the ceiling, you can lower your thermostat.
- Install smart programmable thermostats to automate your home temperature settings. You could reduce heating oil usage by up to 10%.
- Add outdoor reset controls to your boiler. Your boiler’s water temperature will automatically adjust, depending on the outdoor temperature. This can save you hundreds on your annual fuel bill.