Brace for the Heat: Upgrade to a Ductless Mini-Split System
This year’s blazing heat may not have reached Suffolk County yet, but it’s coming. The question is, will your window air conditioners be up to the task – and at what cost to you?
Just because your home doesn’t have ductwork, it doesn’t mean you have to settle for loud, electricity-sucking window air conditioners. Instead, you could install a ductless mini-split system.
Ductless systems are quieter, more efficient, and less obtrusive than window A/Cs. In fact, they even have some advantages compared to central air conditioners.
Here are just some of the benefits that a mini-split system brings to the table:
- Higher SEER ratings – Ductless systems are extremely efficient, with many models having SEER ratings of 18 or more – well more than the 14 or 15 rating of most window models.
- Better indoor air quality – In a central air system, your ductwork creates the perfect conditions for growing mold and other harmful microorganisms. Since a mini-split doesn’t need ductwork, it avoids those problems altogether.
- More flexible placement options – Mini-split air handlers (the indoor component in a ductless system) vary in size and can be installed in basements, attics, and even rooms with no windows to create flexible cooling zones in your home.
- Faster, easier installation – Installing a ductless system usually less than a day –and once it’s in, it’s in, unlike a window A/C that has to be removed and re-installed every year. With a mini-split, all you need is a wall and one or two 2- to 3-inch holes to connect the air handlers to the outdoor condenser.
- Greener performance – Not only is a mini-split much more efficient than a window A/C, it also typically uses a more ozone-friendly refrigerant (R410A) than a typical window unit. That means fewer toxins and fewer carbon emissions for every hour you run your unit.
You can even use mini-split air conditioners for supplemental cooling in a home that has central air – contact us to learn more about that option.
Curious about ductless system installations in Suffolk County, NY? Contact Swezey Fuel today for a FREE estimate and learn how affordable one of these great Fujitsu ductless air conditioning systems can be!