Posted: August 17, 2015
For your convenience, and in order to save you a service call, we have an interactive troubleshooting guide on our website to help you if your air conditioning ever stops running.
Here are some of the tips from the troubleshooting guide:
- Make sure your thermostat setting is in the “air conditioning” or “cool” position.
- Make sure the temperature is set at least 5 degrees below room temperature.
- Check your circuit breakers to make sure they are on. They are usually marked “condenser,” “outdoor unit,” “air handler,” or “indoor unit.”
- Check the power switches on both your outdoor unit and indoor unit.
- Check vents and registers to make sure they are open and free of obstacles.
- Finally, turn off all switches, check your air filter, and make sure it is clean.
If your a/c still doesn’t run, call us at 631-475-0270 for a service call.